“We…are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.” – Romans 12:5
For most, if not all of us, we have “job descriptions” at our jobs – a document that describes what our employer expects of us and what we are responsible for. If we fail to meet those expectations, we can be fired.
God has also given us a “Job Description” for our role in the body of Christ, but we have to go on a bit of a treasure hunt to find it and to fully understand our “job”. It is found in what we call the “One Another” verses. There are 50+ such verses in the Bible and there are at least 38 unique statements, both positive and negative, in the New Testament. Discover what God expects of His body of Christ (members and regular attendees of Trinity Church).
Here are a few to start your search…
- John 13:34 – Love one another [occurs 20 times in NT]
- Romans 14:19 – Build up one another [1 Thessalonians 5:11]
- Ephesians 4:32a – Be kind to one another
- Philippians 2:3 – Regard one another as more important
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – Encourage one another [Hebrews 3:13; 10:25]
- 1 Thessalonians 5:13 – Seek for what is best for one another
- James 5:9 – Do not complain against one another
Go on a treasure hunt and see how many more you can find…or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I send you a list of the 42 I ‘ve found. Happy hunting!