1/3/2013 Monday afternoon, we took our daughter Janice to Urgent Care because of a terribly painful headache she had had since Wednesday of the previous week. After a number of hours there and in ER, a cat scan showed she had a swollen left side of the brain. An MRI taken later at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, showed a tumor the size of a golf ball on the frontal lobe which is possibly malignant. We found out last night from a Physician that it is an unentwined tumor meaning it is not twisted around the brain; that is harder to surgically remove.
She was immediately admitted New Years’ Day and is being prepared now for brain surgery tomorrow (Friday.)
As you might imagine, it has shocked us and we are seeking to trust the Lord with these events.
This has taken us by surprise and we feel swamped with information and life decisions.
We would love you to pray for us and here are some things that come to mind:
- For wisdom for the physicians who operate on Janice
- For peace and stillness as we all rest in the sovereignty of God: He knows what we don’t know and is faithful
- For the Great Physician who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we ask or think, to be the presiding Surgeon in the operating room. We have asked Him for healing but know He knows all things; we want His will so He receives glory and His purposes.
- For Janice’s children as they process limited information about their mom
- The list is endless – financial concerns, future needs and family concerns
Thank you so much for remembering Janice and the whole family before the Father in these coming days and especially on Friday (January 4), the day of the surgery.
You may forward this prayer request.
Love in Christ,
“Blessed are all who take refuge in Him”. (Psalms 2:12b)
Updates to Janice Journey can be found here.